secret to “wedding day skin” is sitting on your spice rack!Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory agent, which removes redness, reduces puffiness, and even stimulates circulation (meaning it also helps to boost collagen production for a more youthful appearance!).
The almond works to moisturize deep down — smoothing out lines and wrinkles, and giving the skin a lustrous, dewy glow.
The chickpea flour absorbs any excess oil (so you look luminous, not shiny) and also serves to exfoliate the skin’s surface.
The raw milk — which is optional — softens, hydrates, and gives the skin a boost of radiance.
Plus, beyond gorgeous glow, this mask also makes skin feel luxurious to the touch — and even helps to remove unwanted facial hairs and peach fuzz, for the ultimate skin-smoothing effect.
I knew that the turmeric mask was something my clients needed to know about right away. And Jaya was kind enough to quickly jot down the recipe.
So here’s what you’ll need:
- 0.5 tablespoons of powered turmeric
- 4 tablespoons of chickpea flour (Jaya used chickpea flour because her skin is on the oily side. If you have dry or combination skin, use ground oatmeal instead—it boosts hydration and softness).
- 2.5 tablespoons of almond oil (olive oil or plain yogurt will also work)
- Splash of raw milk (optional)
2) Apply the mask directly to your face, neck and, décolletage.
3) Let dry for about 15 minutes (or until the mask begins to crack).
4) Rinse off with warm water and a washcloth.
5) Then, look in the mirror and marvel!
Find ingredients here!