Labels

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Natural Home Remedy Tooth Paste


Here some fab ideas for healthy teeth from Aromahead
Put one drop of Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) on your toothbrush after brushing your teeth at night. Tea Tree is antimicrobial and will work hard to keep your toothbrush clean by reducing microbes. 
  1. Use Helichrysum hydrosol for your mouthwash. After I brush my teeth, I add a capful of the hydrosol into a small glass of water and rinse my mouth. If you don’t like the taste of Helichrysum hydrosol, mix it with some Peppermint hydrosol (½ capful of each). That freshens it right up! 
  2. Make your own toothpaste. Simply mix ½ coconut oil and ½ baking soda in a glass jar and dab a little of the mix on your toothbrush. For extra freshness, you can add one drop of Peppermint and one drop of Tea Tree essential oil to 1 oz of the coconut/baking soda mix.
www.aromahead.com
 photo 20e617ed-b060-454a-bb91-5b311323d287_zps3b2971ea.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I stopped using conventional toothpaste and mouthwash years ago so I am delighted that you shared your healthy and natural dental care recipes with us at the Healthy, Happy, Green and Natural Party Blog Hop. I'm pinning and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK! the coconut oil puts a protective barrier on your teeth mine have gotten much whiter using this recipe

      Delete
  2. I use an organic toothpaste or else I use a DIY much like yours to brush my teeth. I love using baking soda & coconut oil for many uses on my body and throughout my home. Visiting from Healthy Happy Green & Natural Blog Hop. Pinned & twitted. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering whether the soda would be too harsh seeing that we use it in cleaning pots and pans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think it's like a mild scrub my teeth are very sensitive and i can use this recipe with no problems, unlike some of the whiting toothpaste some of those make my teeth very sensitive . but that's a good question thanks for your comment

    ReplyDelete

Thank You! I love to hear your comments!