- 1 oz (28 g) Beeswax
- 3 oz (84 g) Jojoba
- 20 drops Orange essential oil (Citrus sinensis)
- 20 drops Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi)
- Kitchen scale
- Pyrex-style large measuring bowl
- Medium stove top pot
- Glass stirring rod or spoon
- Four 1 oz deodorant tubes
Directions: Use the “Stove Top Melting Method” to liquify and combine the base carriers.
- Place the Pyrex measuring cup in the soup pot, and fill the pot 1/4 of the way with water. Boil water, add beeswax and jojoba to Pyrex, and allow to melt.
- After removing the melted wax from heat, add the essential oils and stir.
- Immediately pour the liquid into the deodorant tubes and cover.
- Allow deodorant to solidify for at least five minutes before applying.
Alternate Essential Oil Blends for Different Aromas
For a woodsy and citrus aroma:
- 10 drops Cypress essential oil
- 10 drops distilled Lime essential oil